1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Can't boot to cd or usb

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by ct1942, 2015/05/06.

1. 2015/05/06
    ct1942

ct1942 Inactive Thread Starter

I have an Acer Predator 3260 desktop computer. Windows 8.1 My auto recover partition is corrupt so I ordered the system recovery disks from Acer. While installing these disks, there was a power outage.
    N ow my computer is in an endless auto repair loop. Also, I can't get the computer to boot to a cd or usb. I've tried going into the bios and changing the cd-rom to first priority. That did not work. Still an endless loop. Also disabled secure boot and changed launch CSM to always. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

More about : acer predator boot

Last edited: 2015/05/06
  2. 2015/05/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi ct1942, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) A curse on Power outages!:eek::mad:
    When you went into BIOS - were you able to change the boot priority and did you Save changes on Exit? Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/05/07
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi ct1942, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

Have you tried resetting the BIOS settings back their default values and seeing if you can change the boot order to your CD/DVD drive so you can then boot from your recovery disk?

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.