1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

No networks listed

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Sparky7407, 2015/04/20.

1. 2015/04/20
    Sparky7407

Sparky7407 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have just installed Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop and notice that when I click on the network icon in the notifications area, a small blue screen titled networks appears which says "No connections are available ".
    I have manually connected to my home network, which doesn't even appear, and none of my neighbours networks appear in the list.
    Please can someone advise me how to view a list of available wireless networks.

2. 2015/04/20
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Sparky7407, Have you had a look in > Control Panel > Networking and Sharing Center > you may have to set up your Internet connection. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/05/21
    Sparky7407

Sparky7407 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner but I have been stuck in a desert with no internet connection recently.

I'm not sure what's happened since I've got an internet connection but I can now see a list of available wireless networks.