1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

This file may be blocked?

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Marv6, 2015/03/24.

1. 2015/03/24
    Marv6 Lifetime Subscription

Marv6 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

This file was downloaded from another computer and may be blocked?? I get this when I download glary utilities free updates, even though my norton 360 says the download is safe. Unless I unblock it in properties it will not install. This just started happening. Did a recent windows update do something to cause this. When I downloaded the file from glarys site it would not even let me scan it with norton 360 and I did not get the message from norton that it was safe. Downloaded from CNET and got message that it was safe. scanned with 360 and malwarebytes and both said it was safe, but, in properties still got the subject message until I unblocked it??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!

2. 2015/03/24
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

That's pretty much a standard practice security feature, especially with files downloaded from another computer. In my experience it rarely happens, but when it does you found the solution :)

Little more info ....

Fix: Windows has blocked access to this file

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/03/24
    Marv6 Lifetime Subscription

Marv6 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

PeteC thanks for the info and link.