1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Looseing free space on hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cbumpkin, 2015/03/23.

1. 2015/03/23
    cbumpkin

cbumpkin Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have an 80 Gb. hard drive. It is loosing Approx. 2Gb. free space every night. Now down to 10.2 Gb. I put all my pictures on a thumb drive to save space. I have scanned with AVG, Adware scan and 2 other virus scans and Malware bites and nothing shows up. Any ideas to the problem and solution?
    Thanks for any info.

Bed time in Al. see you tomorow

2. 2015/03/23
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi cbumpkin. You could have some system restore points that are taking up a lot of space. Follow this link to remove them, How to Delete System Protection Restore Points in Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Download and run ATF Cleaner. Save the program to your desktop. After the download completes, right click on the ATF Cleaner program and select Run as Administrator. When it opens select all the checkboxes in the program then hit the empty selected button

Run Disk Cleanup. Click Start< All Programs< Accessories< System Tools< Right click Disk Cleanup and select Run as Administrator. Once Disk Cleanup finishes calculating how much space it can free up make sure that all the checkboxes are selected. Once all of those checkboxes are selected click the More Options tab and under System Restore and Shadow Copies click the Cleanup button. Click Clean up to delete all of the old System Restore points. Once that's done click the Ok button to perform the requested actions and click Yes when prompted to allow Disk Cleanup to remove unnecessary files on the computer.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/03/24
    cbumpkin

cbumpkin Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello Mr. Omo. Man you are the best. That solved the problem. Of all the problems I have had , You have solved 95 % of them and Mr. Bill the rest. I could not do without you. Iam very grateful.
    Best wishes, Johnny

5. 2015/03/24
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Excellent. Glad everything is working properly. :)