1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved ISO f/ Win7 Pro 64-bit WITHOUT SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rich A, 2015/03/02.

1. 2015/03/02
    Rich A

Rich A Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

Working on a in-place repair install for a system. Have exhausted all the regular repairs and need to try an "in place repair/Install ".

To do so I need an original or ISO of a Windows 7 Pro 64, withOUT SP!. Long ago I slipstreamed my own windows disk with sp1 already installed and now can't find the original.

It's registered, and I have the correct product key etc. But it seems that I can only find ISO's (from the official MS digital river web site) for ISOs with SP1 already included.

Can someone point me to a download for a win 7 pro 64, disk ISO with OUT sp1? Or is there some way I can remove SP1 from an iso that has SP1 ??

The in-place repair procedure I'm using requires a non - SP! copy of windows.

Thanks .. Rich

2. 2015/03/02
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Rich. Try inputting the product key in this link and see if you can download a Windows 7 ISO without SP1, Microsoft Software Recovery.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/04/08
    Rich A

Rich A Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I ended up doing a full windows install from scratch. Decided it was time to upgrade to Windows 8.1 I originally wanted to upgrade from Win 7 to 8, but the Win7 op system was broken. That's why I wanted to do a repair, so I could upgrade from 7 to 8. Got the ISO copy okay (thanks) but I guess the original Windows 7 was just not repairable.

So I'm now using a new install of 8.1. I have 8.1 installed on another computer and I like it. I was just hoping to get around not re-installing all my programs.

Been using the new win 8 box now for a while and other than a weird problem with Links in various programs suddenly not working everything is fine. I'll start a new thread on that one.

- Rich

5. 2015/04/08
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Thanks for the follow up. :)