1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Choosing fonts

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by lgbest, 2015/01/24.

1. 2015/01/24
    lgbest

lgbest Inactive Thread Starter

I'm using TBird 31.4 I have chosen Unicode TF 8 and Comic Sans MS as my font for outgoing emails. I send in HTML format. When I choose "write" to create a message the window shows Comic Sans as the body text but it does not show as Comic Sans when i write nor does the recipient receive it in Comic Sans when I send the message. It looks like calibri or Aerial. If i select "options" then Composition or Display it shows the font to be Comic Sans as well. i tried changing to Western but it made no difference and caused other problems such as strange characters appearing in the body of text so i need to use TF 8. Thoughts? Thanks.

2. 2015/01/25
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Set you mail fonts to the defaults because:

1. Comic sans is not an easy font to read for others, more of a "kid's font ".
    2. What the recipient sees is based on his settings, not yours, and can disallow your font choice.
    3. The recipient may have his client set to plain text rather than html, Comic sans will only be used in html messages.

If US English is your language set the character encoding to Western iso-8859-1.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Font_settings_in_Thunderbird

3. to hide this advert.