1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Win7 change user status

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by frayedknotarts, 2015/01/13.

1. 2015/01/13
    frayedknotarts Lifetime Subscription

frayedknotarts Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My Granddaughter is living with us for the forseeable future while Daddy finds a house. She "has issues ", ADHD, Socialization, Inappropriateness in class, so she's being home-schooled by her Mother.

Suddenly, it seems her school-supplied computer is developing all sorts of problems with getting onto the internet, suddenly disappearing from the home network, losing fonts, etc.

I checked her computer out and it appears she has all administrator rights and that the problems my be from "fingers going walkabout" in the fields of the settings.

How do I convert her to being a user only with no ability to affect settings or to "lose" the internet connexion? Her school's "IT" department (One very overworked college kid) professed not to know, my memory of this stuff seems to be fast disappearing and so I'm dragging it here.

Feel free to kick this wherever you think it should go,

2. 2015/01/13
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Last edited: 2015/01/14
    lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/01/22
    pweegar

pweegar Well-Known Member

You might also be able to control what your granddaughter can/can not do through the local group policy. Do a Google search for local group policy windows 7. There is a lot of info out there on how to use it. I would also make her a regular user instead of an Administrator.

Also, if you have or can obtain the Administrator account password, I would change that also.

frayedknotarts likes this.