1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Can't Connect Internet via 4G Samsung Telef. Router

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by fantasma, 2015/01/07.

1. 2015/01/07
    fantasma

fantasma Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I cannot connect to internet (WIFI) on my Compaq laptop (VISTA) using a 4G Samsung telephone as router while at locations away from established WIFI connections. The connection can be made to a Google Nexus 7 tablet under these circumstances. The Compaq unit does connect to WIFI at home using a "Netis" router. I've reinstalled WIFI driver but it makes no difference. I am sure the signal from the telephone router is weaker than the one at home, but as I said, the Nexus 7 table connects ... eventhough the internet functions are fairly limited. Any comments? Thanks in advance.

2. 2015/01/07
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/01/07
    Whiskeyman Lifetime Subscription

Whiskeyman Inactive Alumni

5. 2015/01/08
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Look in Device Manager on the Compaq laptop and tell us the name & model wifi adapter.

6. 2015/01/28
    fantasma

fantasma Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - but I have been at a remote beach location and the internet connections are not so good. I was able to resolve the issue using tethering, but it was necessary to first enter the Samsung website (using ethernet connection) and download the driver for USB tethering. This was contrary to what most sites said, (ie, that downloading drivers was not necessary for Windows Vista and above.) With the Samsung driver, I was able to connect via tethering. Thanks for all the comments and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. THIS ISSUE IS CLOSED.

7. 2015/01/28
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Please mark your thread as Resolved .....

Marking a thread as 'Resolved'