1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [HP Elitebook 2530p: Screen doesn't show anything]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by babatunde, 2014/12/16.

1. 2014/12/16
    babatunde

babatunde Inactive Thread Starter

Hello!,

I have this laptop but recently the screen did not come up. Sometimes the screen will show but now what i notice is when ever A (lock) & Num (lock) light show at the same time during the power up the laptop will not come up.

Please see picture attached

Attached Files:

2. 2014/12/16
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Are you sure it's not the Caps Lock and the Num Lock that are blinking. My HP dv4-2167sb does this every now and then. I hold down the power button then repower the machine on again. Perform a Hard reset. Disconnect the AC Adaptor remove the battery and any other periferals then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds. Connect the AC Adaptor and start the machine. Check the battery % charge if you have sufficient charge in the battery perform a normal shutdown. Unplug the AC Adaptor reinstall the battery. Start the machine using just the battery for power.

Last edited: 2014/12/17
    lj50,
    babatunde likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/12/17
    babatunde

Thank you. I apply basic computer engineering rule which say when computer did not come up check Memory. I add another Memory to the laptop and now the screen is showing but due to power ON & OFF !!, it might have damage OS because my onboard mouse is malfunction now. When i press left click it will show right click command.

5. 2014/12/17

If I understand you correctly are you also having trouble with your memory? Mouse go to Orb\Start Menu\Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Mouse. See if there is a check mark in the box for Swap Mouse buttons then uncheck it. My mouse is set up for left handed use so I have to wait 10 to 20 seconds before it functions properly.

lj50,
  6. 2014/12/17
    babatunde

I add memory to the laptop and i found out that the screen of the laptop started showing. I assume the memory inside it maybe bad.

The mouse will work normal for 10mins after that it will malfunction. I have check from control panel the box is not mark

7. 2014/12/17

Who is the manufacturer and what is the model of the mouse. Did you try changing the batteries? Maybe they're getting weak. Just to rule out if the mouse isn't dying. Do you have another mouse you can try? How many sticks of memory are installed in the laptop.

lj50,
  8. 2014/12/17
    babatunde

Am using onboard Mouse. I just update the Windows Drivers and it seem the mouse is working perfectly now

9. 2014/12/17

Great. Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.

It is considered courteous to post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received an answer to your question. If you were given multiple suggestions/solutions, it is also helpful if you would list the solution that worked for you.

Once you have posted those details, when still looking at your thread, near the top of your thread you'll see Thread Tools. Click the down arrow to expand the drop down menu, at the bottom of it you'll see Mark this thread as solved. Click on it to mark your thread as solved.

If later you find that the problem has returned, and you had previously marked your thread as solved, follow the steps above. Instead 'Mark this thread as solved' you will see that in this case Mark this thread as unsolved is listed.

Please read the User Guide for more information

lj50,
    babatunde likes this.