1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 7 error 0X0000000A

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Havok, 2014/11/12.

1. 2014/11/12
    Havok

Havok Inactive Thread Starter

Hello all

Question, I'm stuck on a windows 7 error 0X0000000A

Also error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have tried two fresh banks of ram, installed a new hard drive, If I try to start windows normally these two error come up on a BSD.

I tried a repair and windows boots to the scroll window and hangs there. I tried a repair disk and it hangs or throws a error.

The drive shows up in bios when booting, If I use hiren's boot cd and used mini windows xp the drive shows and I can explore .
    I have tried to install a new OS in a fresh WD drive and it does the same.

Now mind you this Lenovo thinkpad t500 was given to me and I have no idea what the trouble was before hand other then it was a off lease.
    One thing the laptop is missing is Mini PCI-E Wireless 3G WWAN 43Y6513 Card For Lenovo ThinkPad T500 please don't tell me this would be a stopping point though.

Thanks before hand.

Last edited: 2014/11/12
  2. 2014/11/12
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

Looking at the old reviews, the original OS may have been Vista Business and some models were sold with XP Professional.

This is a complicated machine with a modified OS and a lot of proprietary accessory software.

(Quote) "Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality. "

One thing to look at is whether all the drivers are compatible with 7. A possible fix is to buy a recovery DVD from Lenovo.

My first step would be to research the Lenovo site. Try to determine the original configuration and exactly when the unit was made. Part of the problem might be a mismatch between the OS, the BIOS, the drivers and the Lenovo application and utility package. Maybe a botched or just incomplete attempt at upgrading.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/11/12
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I agree with antik as my brother has a Lenovo unit which started life with XP as the OS and someone had installed W7 32 bit on it.
    I spent some considerable time getting Drivers from the Lenovo site to get it running and then it did what your one has.
    We ended up with a NEW install (on a NEW HDD of larger capcity) of W7 Pro 64 bit OS system and after visiting Lenovo to get all the necessary Drivers - it is functioning OK. Good Luck. Neil.

5. 2014/12/14
    Havok

I now have the Lenovo install disks and am waiting on a bios battery being it started showing that error also, I hope to have the battery by next week and cross fingers that it will install the OS then.

Thanks!

6. 2014/12/14
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

You are welcome. Good luck!

7. 2014/12/14
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions!

lj50,
  8. 2015/01/18
    Havok

Hello all and thanks.

The CPU was fried and I picked up another on ebay and all is fine with the world now!

Thanks again

Greg

9. 2015/01/18
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Could you please mark both your threads that are related to your fried CPU as resolved. Thank you.

Last edited: 2015/01/18
    lj50,
  10. 2015/01/19
    elcajongunsfan Lifetime Subscriber

elcajongunsfan Well-Known Member

How did you determine that CPU was fried?