1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

This device is disabled. (Code 22)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Yazzy, 2014/10/12.

1. 2014/10/12
    Yazzy

Yazzy Active Member Thread Starter

Hello.
    Every time I start windows,my DVD-Rom and usb camera are disabled. Code
    error 22. I enable them from device manager, and after that it´s telling
    me that the drivers are ok, there are no unpates, dvd-rom and camera are
    working and are ok now.
    But, next time i restart windows, again are disabled both. Always the same!
    Ok, what i did: i uninstalled daemon tool and power iso, i deleted my
    virtual dvd units (created with daemon and power iso), i did a safe boot,
    and i start windows with basic drivers from devide manager, i also
    unistalled actual drivers that are disabled and let windows to check
    automatically online and install a new one.
    I am a little afraid to modify registry values, i hope there are others options.
    But the problem persist: my dvdrom and usb camera are always disabled at
    startup, until i manually enable them.
    I don´t have recovery points or recovery dvds.
    Thank you very much for any idea or solution.

2. 2014/10/12
    Yazzy

I said: "there are no unpates ". I mean updates, no unpates... There are no updates.
    Sorry for my english.:)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/10/12
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Yazzy, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

Have you looked in your computers BIOS to see if any USB devices or your DVD drive is disabled there?

When did this issue start happening?

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.

5. 2014/10/14
    Yazzy

System details - done. No, my dvd and my usb camera are not disabled in bios.

Oh, and EVAN OMO, I remember another problem: two of my usb ports are not working anymore. I don´t know why, but my usb mouse don´t work, but receive power from those two usb ports (the mouse have the laser on). Basically, the windows do´t detect anything that enter that usb. I am using the other two usb (i have four in total).
    The camera is named "Asus usb camera ", but is not connected in my usb ports (thoset four in my right and left side of my laptop), the camera is built-in, on the top of the monitor.

The DVD and usb are NOT disabled in my Bios. The problems started back one or two months ago, i´m not sure about the cause.

6. 2014/10/14
    Evan Omo

Do the devices work if you boot the computer into Safe Mode?

Try right clicking on the problematic devices in Device Manager, select properties< Power Management Tab and make sure the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.

Also click Start< Control Panel< System and Security< Power Options and set the power plan to high performance.

7. 2014/10/18
    Yazzy

Ok. First, Evan Omo, you are THE MAN!! Changing power management tu "high performance" did enable my dvd-rom. Thank you! Was so simple solution, end yet NOBODY from Microsoft support center discover it. And I spoke with 3 of them! Thanks!
    Second, my port USB 2.0 (only one of them, I have four) still don´t work. The other three are fine.
    I read the problem of Howattee posted here and i did everithing, but still nothing. I am looking forward to see what solution will be found for him.
    In my device manager, i have like this:
    - Universal Serial Bus controllers
    - Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    - Standard Open HCD USB Host Controller
    - USB Composite Device
    - USB Root HUB
    - USB Root HUB
    And all above are ok, enabled and working properly. I wrote them here just to see how its look like.
    IMPORTANT: the code error 22, device disabled, was for dvd only, and that has been solve.
    For the usb, there is no problem detected, all is ok under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in device manager.
    That I don´t understand !!!!

8. 2014/10/18
    Evan Omo

Wow that is unbelievable but its good we got one issue resolved. :)

Double check your BIOS one more time to make sure that no USB devices or ports are set to disabled.

If the USB ports still don't work then give this program a shot and see if it solves your issue, How to cleanup and remove old USB storage drivers.

Reboot the computer after running the application and see if those USB ports function properly.

9. 2014/10/21
    Yazzy

I have checked that link. Well, I will have a big headache dismantling my laptop to remove the USB hub (not sure if can be done, but will be too much trouble for me). After searching and reading about my broken USB (thanks God for give us Google) i think is the best to leave it as it is.
    One USB down, three more to go - not too bad..
    This place, www.windowsbbs.com, is a really good place to learn about my computer, reading about others ppl problems and solutions.
    Thanks again.