1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Administrative events/errors and something else

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tidalwaves, 2014/09/27.

1. 2014/09/27
    Tidalwaves

Tidalwaves Inactive Thread Starter

First off...specs;
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1993 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset, 772 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 42659 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; F: Total - 152588 MB, Free - 16445 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3048h, MXL0190NY3
    Antivirus: Panda Cloud Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
    -

So...second posts are always awkward. Anyway...

Last night or, actually, this morning I scheduled a disk check and went to sleep. When I awoken from my dream about Scarlet Johanson, details of this dream are not meant for children so we'll speak no more about it, I immediately went to my event viewer to see if I had any bad sectors or whatever.

I had just recently logged in as administrator, turned off "Windows Module's Installer" because it was running a process called "TrustedInstaller.exe." When I see the word "trust "...I distrust. So I looked around a bit, not as much as I should have, but discovered how to make these processes/programs stop starting up on my computer. After attempting to do so under my "user account," which has admin privileges...or so I thought, I remembered the admin account is now hidden. So I enabled it just long enough to make the adjustments I believed to be required and then logged off and disabled it again.

I played some video games. Old ones on an emulator, I'm too old and impatient for the new stuff, and had a few crashes of the program (Project 64). I was using cheats so I figured that probably had something to do with it as normally the emulator and the specific game I was playing don't give me many problems. So after a shrug, I went to sleep. I'll ask about that on their forum later, where they seem to be the rudest of the rude on the internet. I procrastinate when I'm scared. Threads and words can break my bones but stones can never hurt me.

So I get up this morning...er, evening and discover a buttload of errors under "Administrator Events." My computer is working fine so far as I can tell, but event viewer disagrees, apparently.

I've written WAY too much already, and all of these errors, many of which seem to point directly to that "TrustedInstaller.exe" and "Window's Module's Installer" not being able to load. Like it was a bad thing. Now look, maybe it is...but I've had a few freezes and crashes that I really didn't like on this month+ old computer. And when I have the time and patience, I try to fix it...myself. Not very smart, should have come here in the beginning. But like I said, right now there are too many "errors" to just put in this one post.

So here's where I finally gets to me point, What do you need me to do to help troubleshoot this issue? Because although everything seems to be running smoothly, errors in my event viewer make me nervous.

Sorry for the blocks of text, I wish I could slim it down but I'm a guy who works with details. Both professionally and recreationally. I apologize ahead of time if this is a no-no here. I just want to give y'all something to work with when making your decision on what I should post here next to help you determine what is, or isn't, wrong with my beloved new computer.

Thanks in advance.

2. 2014/09/27
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Tidalwaves. Your post was fine and it did give me a lot of details. To start with even though you mentioned your computer is running fine can you post the details of the errors you are getting in Event Viewer so I can see what is going on?

I am assuming you know how to take a screenshot correct? If not then follow the instructions here, How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows.

Since you are a new user you won't be able to directly attach files yet since you are not a Power User so you will need to upload the images on an image hosting website such as http://imgur.com/ and post the link of the images showing the Event Viewer errors here in your next reply.

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.

Tidalwaves likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/09/28
    Tidalwaves

I thought I did add my system details at the beginning of this thread? No matter, I'll add it to my profile.

I know how to take screenshots, but I'm not sure if you just want a shot of the event viewers brief discriptions without the details, or do you need the details. For now I'll just sreenshot the event viewer window that shows all the errors. If you need the specifics, just let me know...I'm really only concerned about the most recent and copy/pasting it to a text file is no big deal, either.

Thanks.

Screenshot:

http://s30.postimg.org/k01wc473l/Cahhhpture.jpg

5. 2014/09/28
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2014/09/28
    Evan Omo

Can you post the details of the Kernel Event errors? The Service Control Manager errors look normal but can you open those Event ID's and see which services shut down unexpectedly?

Tidalwaves likes this.
  7. 2014/10/04
    Tidalwaves

Sorry to go AWOL there.

Here's the last one I've received. The errors for Service Control Manager persist but apparently there's a hotfix now and it really hasn't effected the stability of my computer as far as I can tell. Anyway, last one from September 27th;

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
    Date: 9/27/2014 2:43:45 AM
    Event ID: 2
    Task Category: Session
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Session
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: User-PC
    Description:
    Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns= "http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event ">
    <System>
    <Provider Name= "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid= "{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />
    <EventID>2</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2</Task>
    <Opcode>12</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime= "2014-09-27T09:43:45.071777800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>85</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID= "4" ThreadID= "68" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>
    <Computer>User-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID= "S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name= "SessionName ">Circular Kernel Context Logger</Data>
    <Data Name= "FileName ">
    </Data>
    <Data Name= "ErrorCode ">3221225525</Data>
    <Data Name= "LoggingMode ">268436608</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

8. 2014/10/04
    Evan Omo

The error 0xC0000035 stands for STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_COLLISION, which means two objects names collide.

Before going further you should confirm that the Circular Kernel Context Logger is actually working.

1. Click Start< Control Panel< System and Security< Administrative Tools< Performance Monitor.

2. When the Performance Monitor opens expand the Data Collector Sets category< Then click on Event Trace Sessions.

3. Verify that the Circular Kernel Context Logger is running.

If it is running, there isn't really a problem; so you should just filter or ignore the error in Event Viewer and not worry about it.

Tidalwaves likes this.
  9. 2014/10/05
    Tidalwaves

It's running. And as I said, last one happened on 9/27 so I think we're good here. I guess all I need is to install that hotfix.

I thank all who replied, your assistance is sincerely appreciated. Take care.

10. 2014/10/05
    Evan Omo

So would you consider this thread resolved or do you have any other questions?

11. 2014/10/07
    Tidalwaves

I think we're good. The service control errors are still soming in, but that's it. I just need to run the hotfix.

Wrap it up, if I have any other problems I'll post another thread. I thank you all for your time.

12. 2014/10/07
    Evan Omo

Excellent. :)

Since this issue is now resolved, please mark this thread as 'Resolved'.

13. 2014/11/17
    Tidalwaves

My apologies, folks. I've neglected my duties as a thread starter. May god, or whatever, have mercy on my soul. Thank you for your assistance and this thread is now officially closed.