1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook Rules Issues

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by ianquiksilver, 2014/09/19.

1. 2014/09/19
    ianquiksilver

ianquiksilver Inactive Thread Starter

version: 14.0.7128.5000 32b
    MS Office Pro 2010

Hey all! I have a big issue with making a very simple rule. Its only my third rule so far so I doubt I've reached any storage capacity yet.

I simply want to get all mail personally addressed to me (as opposed to group contact) to be moved to a certain folder. Now I've tried all possibilities, even adding the "if certain word in recipient address" to detect my surname, but to no avail. Even when run manually it doesn't do anything (and I know I haven't tried to do any fancy setup or even using any conditions).
    You'd think that "when my name is in TO or CC field" would be enough, but no ..

Could someone please help me out? I know it seems like a no brainer, but thats what I thought couple hours ago :p Also, the rule doesn't contain the "Stop running of rules" option, so thats not source of the issue.

Cheers!
    K

2. 2014/09/19
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

A new rule like that will only affect New Mail messages. It won't move any existing mail...

If you send an email to yourself does it get moved/end up in the folder you specify?

3. to hide this advert.