1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Apache Office Download Problem

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by joe645, 2014/08/26.

1. 2014/08/26
    joe645

joe645 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I downloaded the latest version of this software. I installed the program with no problem. The problem is it is still in my download folder and I can't get rid of it. It pauses, I can delete it (once) but then when I boot up it is on my desktop ready to install all over again. I clear my download page but this file will not go away. Everytime I want to close my browser I get an error message that says "if you exit now your downloads will be cancelled" but even when I say continue they don't get cancelled.

2. 2014/08/26
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi joe645, That is a 134MB Download and it does take a few minutes to install. When you open it you should see O O - Base/Calc/Draw/impress/Math/Writer.
    When you choose/click the one you want, it will then open and show a progress line while opening the program you chose.
    It's a very good Office Software but it takes a few seconds for each element to fully open.
    if you are having trouble with it - I would uninstall it completely and start again with a fresh download. Neil.
    P.S. I meant to remove with MS Add/Remove Programs.

Last edited: 2014/08/26

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/08/27
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member

I am a bit confused, but I would suggest to follow retiredlearners advice and start again. Delete from Control Panel, Programs & Features
    hawk22

5. 2014/08/28
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Delete temp internet files.
    If it's listed in Programs & Features, uninstall it.
    Re-download and save the installer.
    When prompted, do NOT choose Run, save the entire download, close the browser, go to Downloads folder and run it.