1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

WHEA Uncorrectable Error advice

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Confused19, 2014/08/26.

1. 2014/08/26
    Confused19

Confused19 Inactive Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have a Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook NP900X4C, which I purchased in January 2013. I have made absolutely no hardware alterations to it, everything as is when it was purchased.
    Around 1 month ago following a standard start up I was met with what I assume to be the windows 8 BSOD, it was the one with the :( stating the system had suffered a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, note it did not state a numeric error code.
    A number of restarts yielded the same result until roughly the 5th restart allowed me to select some advanced repair options, I chose the full reset, with the full hard drive reformat, after doing so I installed ALL recommended windows updates, then windows 8.1, as well as all recommended Samsung updates bios etc. Aside from that all I installed was pretty much, office, bitdefender & chrome. no torrent clients etc.
    All seemed well for around a month until this morning when the exact same BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error appeared. This time I chose the refresh option, whereby windows seems to just create a "windows old" folder in C drive and then starts fresh.

Upon booting I was met with a message saying windows suffered an error while booting and pointed to a number of logs and if I wanted to send them to windows, instead I thought I could post them here for some actual advice. A summary reading of WHEA errors seems to indicate hardware but as I have made no alterations & system resets & refreshes seem to fix them I wonder if its something else?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

One of the logs mentioned by windows is almost 500Mb in size, as such I was wondering if you would prefer to suggest the logs you want me to find and I will then post them here.

Once again, thanks in advance!

2. 2014/08/26
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Confused19, I did a Google on WHEA_Uncontrollable_error in W8.1 Laptop and this seems to giving a lot of people the same problem. This link may help:

How to fix whea_uncorrectable_error on Windows 8.1

It seems to be related to heat and CPU. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.