1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved My Passport Back Up and Remove data

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Chris, 2014/07/31.

1. 2014/07/31
    Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Thread Starter

A couple years a go, I bought a, My Passport, 1TB external HD. I wanted it for my media, not to back up anything. I didn't install the software because all I wanted was for audio/video.

I did a virus scan tonight, and found it went through pretty fast until it got to my F: Drive (my passport). It's still running on the F: drive after 3 hours. It's going through dates after dates of "backups. "

I never set it up for back up. I finally installed the software tonight, and it shows nothing backed up, yet I have "backups." Lots and lots of backups.

How do I get all the stuff that has been backed up all these years deleted?

I don't need the stuff. I can start backing up after this, but I have no idea what has been backed up, Now that I have the software installed, I can back up what I want.

Thank you,
    Chris.

Last edited by a moderator: 2014/07/31
  2. 2014/07/31
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Can you Format the disc? That should delete whatever is on the disc. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/08/19
    Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I installed the software and there was a way to delete the backups. Still don't know how it backed up lots of times without installing software.

Chris.