1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Any advice on an iPhone?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by cspgsl, 2014/07/21.

1. 2014/07/21
    cspgsl Lifetime Subscription

cspgsl Geek Member Thread Starter

I haven't crossed over :D honest.

I had a close 32 year old friend who died suddenly leaving no information on how to access his iPhone and Hotmail account. The phone is locked and his parents in working to clean up his estate, are looking to see if there is any information that may assist them in their process, on the phone.

I have helped the parents before with their Windows needs and would like to see if I can help them with the iPhone.

I understand privacy issues however this was a friend. I see all sorts of downloads that promise to enable this for a tidy refundable amount. I am not necessarily looking for a free option so if anyone can or cares to send a link to a reputable way of unlocking the phone or extracting data from a locked phone, I would appreciate it. If this isn't an appropriate place, thank you for your time in reading the post.

2. 2014/07/21
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi cspgsl, from Apple:iPhone: About unlocking

As I understand it, doing a "Factory Restore" on a "Smartphone" will return it to "out of the box state" but all data (contacts, text messages and multi-media messages) will be lost. As this is what you want to access - I would contact the manufacturer for help. Neil.

Last edited: 2014/07/21

3. to hide this advert.