1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

New Technology and the old folks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by retiredlearner, 2014/04/19.

1. 2014/04/19
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member Thread Starter

Here's an example of what happens when the young ones give gifts of
    technology to the old ones!

A Daughter is visiting her father.

She asks: Tell me dad, how are you managing with the new iPad we
    gave you for your birthday?

This is in German...but no subtitles are

Needed:

http://www.snotr.com/video/8965/

Hopefully it was the dishwasher proof, scratch resistant waterproof model. Neil.

2. 2014/04/20
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Cute.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/04/22
    fdamp

fdamp Well-Known Member

The opposite happened with us. DW gave her ASUS netbook an unexpectd shower in Pino Grigio while it was pwered up. Grosser spitz-und-sparken und alles kaput.

One of our daughters, who uses an iPad for work, had recently been given an upgrade for her work computer and they said "you can give away the iPad 2 if you know someone who could use it ". We're now a divided family, DW with the iPad2 and I with my Windows XP desk-top.

As I've posted on this forum, I'll be upgrading shortly to a device that comes with Wi 8.1. I have access to a licensed multi-user copy of W7, but I'll give 8.1 a good try. I'm not a touch-screen enthusiast - I find having to use the J.Michael Mouse on-screen KB of the iPad to be a vice-regal pain in the butt. We'll see what happens next!