1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

DSD_5352 Not Responding

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brian1951, 2014/03/08.

1. 2014/03/08
    Brian1951

Brian1951 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

When I start up Windows 7 sometimes a small DOS window will open up with the title
    The number sometimes is
    or
    . What does this mean? How can I find out what's malfunctioning?

I've tried finding an answer using Google but did not find anything that was relevant.

Everything seems to be working correctly. I really would like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks.

2. 2014/03/09
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

To be on the safe side I'd run a Malware check.

Read this post, then post the requested log(s) in the Malware and Virus Removal forum.

Brian1951 likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/03/20
    Brian1951

I found out what DSD stands for, Dell System Detect. I went over to Dell and am dealing with the issue there. Thanks for your suggestion. I did find some malware, adware and spyware after running Malwarebytes. That's been resolved. I downloaded and ran the Dell Diagnostic Software. There is a problem with the SATA Hard Drive. It states that at a certain sector that the hard drive IRQ did not set in time. Now I am in the process of finding out what that means and what to do about it.

Thanks

5. 2014/04/22
    Brian1951

I replaced the hard drive and starting having the same messages as with the one that shipped with my Dell. There are 4 SATA connections on the motherboard. I tried a different one instead of SATA1 I connected the new drive to SATA 3 and used a new SATA III connecting cable. The problem went away immediately! The real problem was the motherboard connection. The computer is out of warranty so I'm not going to do anything about it at this point.

I think we can go ahead and mark this one solved.

Last edited: 2014/04/22
  6. 2014/04/22
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Good you at least found a solution & thanks for sharing.

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.

Arie,
    Brian1951 likes this.