1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How remove WMV password

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by naughtyboy, 2004/10/01.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/10/01
    naughtyboy

naughtyboy Inactive Thread Starter

when i play a video using windows media. i need to login and password for that video file. but after that i able to watch enter password again because it already saved. but if i save and put it to other PC. it need password again.
    The password will link to other website to check ID and password correct again.

How to remove the login and password for that video clip?

2. 2004/10/01
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Sorry but I think I'm confused.

Is the video clip on a CD?

If not, please say exactly how you are moving it from one PC to another.

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/11/23
    naughtyboy

sorry, my english not good.
    the wmv is saved on harddisk. let said, the file name :video.wmv saved at my
    PC1. when i start my first open the file, i need to login and password to see
    the video. the WMV so how need to link to website to check my password.
    after the passoword is correct, i able to see the movie and i don't need to key in password any more.

But the problem is IF i safe the same file to other PC or upgrade my mediaplayer , i need to key in my login and password again when i click the video file again. so how to crack it so that i don't need to key in password again and again when i do something upgrade etc..

hope u understand.
    thank

5. 2004/12/03
    naughtyboy

pls help

6. 2004/12/03
    JoeHobart

JoeHobart Inactive Alumni

It sounds like you have a file protected by DRM. If this is what you are running into, you cannot remove the DRM from the stream. If you could, that would take most of the fun out of DRM.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm/faq.aspx#drmfaq_1_4

1.4 How does Windows Media DRM work?
    The basic Windows Media DRM process is as follows:
    Packaging
    Windows Media Rights Manager packages the digital media file. The packaged file has been encrypted and locked with a "key." This key is stored in an encrypted license, which is distributed separately. (This feature is unique to Windows Media Rights Manager.) Other information is added to the digital media file, such as the URL where the license can be acquired. This packaged digital media file is saved in Windows Media Audio format (file with a .wma file name extension) or Windows Media Video format (file with a .wmv file name extension).

License acquisition
    To play a packaged digital media file, the consumer must first acquire a license key to unlock the file. The process of acquiring a license begins automatically when the consumer attempts to acquire the packaged digital media file, acquires a pre-delivered license, or plays the file for the first time. Windows Media Rights Manager either sends the consumer to a registration page where information is requested or payment is required, or "silently" retrieves a license from a clearing house.
    Playing the digital media file
    To play the digital media file, the consumer needs a player that supports Windows Media DRM. The consumer can then play the file according to the rules or rights that are included in the license. Licenses can have different rights, such as start times and dates, duration, and counted operations. For instance, default rights may allow the consumer to play the digital media file on a specific computer and copy the file to a portable device. Licenses, however, are not transferable. If a consumer sends a packaged digital media file to a friend, this friend must acquire her own license to play the digital media file. This PC-by-PC licensing scheme ensures that the packaged digital media file can only be played by the computer that has been granted the license key for that file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.