1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Is cyber defender safe?

Discussion in 'Security and Privacy' started by Bubba, 2008/04/02.

1. 2008/04/02
    Bubba

Bubba Inactive Thread Starter

I've recently found that I have a virus called win32qhost.mg and was trying to find a program to remove it. It says it out performs all of the well known others and lists them. Is it safe to use?

2. 2008/04/02
    TeMerc

TeMerc Inactive Alumni

No. See here and here

I can't find anything called 'win32qhost.mg', is that a typo? And what was it that claims you have this infection on your system?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/04/02
    mailman Lifetime Subscription

mailman Geek Member

Might be a new (or ficticious?) variant. I Googled win32qhost (without the .mg) and came up with some hits.

5. 2008/04/03
    TeMerc

TeMerc Inactive Alumni

Yep, could be.

6. 2008/04/03
    Bubba

Bubba Inactive Thread Starter

I was just going by what the scanner I used said. It's name is Kaspersky's on line scanner. This is the last part of the scan that shows the trojans and some spyware infections.

C:\Documents and Settings\john\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\SeekmoTB.dll.bac_a03132 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.c skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file451 Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.WhenU.a skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file452 Infected: not-a-virus:Server-Proxy.Win32.MarketScore.k skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file453 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe Inno: infected - 3 skipped

C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.20070828-214029.backup Infected: Trojan.Win32.Qhost.mg skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.20070828-214030.backup Infected: Trojan.Win32.Qhost.mg skipped

D:\25bbe8f1d2e98ae45a383005147b\ffastun.ffo Object is locked skipped

D:\25bbe8f1d2e98ae45a383005147b\ffastun0.ffx Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com\SUPERAntiSpyware\AppLogs\SUPERANTISPYWARE-3-31-2008( 20-7-7 ).LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008040120080402\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Temp\~DF7716.tmp Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Temp\~DF772D.tmp Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\ntuser.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\John Matthews\NTUSER.DAT.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

D:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\aswResp.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\Avast4.db Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\integ\avast.int Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\AshWebSv.ws Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\aswMaiSv.log Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\nshield.log Object is locked skipped

D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\report\Resident protection.txt Object is locked skipped

D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

D:\System Volume Information\_restore{84ED5C82-C100-4A9C-A172-5240B436D570}\RP177\A0016716.rbf Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.AntiSpyware.k skipped

D:\System Volume Information\_restore{84ED5C82-C100-4A9C-A172-5240B436D570}\RP184\change.log Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\EventCache\{9D995534-9F47-4A1E-B7D8-536B4D62EC0D}.bin Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Antivirus.Evt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM.LOG Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_5b8.dat Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\Temp\_avast4_\Webshlock.txt Object is locked skipped

D:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

Last edited: 2008/04/03
  7. 2008/04/03
    TeMerc

TeMerc Inactive Alumni

Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\john\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\SeekmoTB.dll.bac_a03132 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Agent.c skipped 
    No threat, quarentined already. Delete quarantine folder.
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file451 Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.WhenU.a skipped 

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file452 Infected: not-a-virus:Server-Proxy.Win32.MarketScore.k skipped 

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe/file453 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet skipped 

C:\Documents and Settings\john\My Documents\ww2rescue.exe Inno: infected - 3 skipped 
    Any idea what these are? If not, delete em.
    Code:
    C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped 
    No threat unless you use sys restore, even then, only keys.
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.20070828-214029.backup Infected: Trojan.Win32.Qhost.mg skipped 

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.20070828-214030.backup Infected: Trojan.Win32.Qhost.mg skipped 
    These are just back ups in hosts file, also no threat, you can delete 'em if you have others.