1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Accumulating ~.ts Files (???)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mark4man, 2008/01/25.

1. 2008/01/25
    mark4man

mark4man Banned Thread Starter

Hello...

One of our managers at work...who is running Windows XP Pro...seems to be accumulating ~.ts files on his computer, without documents actually being open in the process. He understands that XP saves files temporarily, at various points in time, while working on any given document...but he's winding up w/ more & more of these on his machine & doesn't recognize the file names as documents that he had recently opened & worked on. I told him I would look into it for him (& this is one of my #1 solution centers).

Thanks,

mark4man

2. 2008/01/25
    Whiskeyman Lifetime Subscription

Whiskeyman Inactive Alumni

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/01/25
    mark4man

mark4man Banned Thread Starter

WhiskeyMan...

I'm not talking about a file FORMAT, dude...I'm talking about temporary files, the kind the OS saves every so often while working on an open document. [Or...maybe it's the app itself itself that saves them...I dont know...but they show up in the same folder as the parent file as a ~*.ts file.]

MF

Last edited: 2008/01/25
  5. 2008/01/25
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Whiskeyman was attempting to say that the temp files you are seeing could be coming from-> TS files are MPEG-2 video files....

Anyway, just zap em....And or run Disk Clean Up.

6. 2008/01/27
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

~.ts files are likely streams that were cut off, stopped or interrupted before fully downloaded. Delete 'em.