1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook closes on Send/Receive

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by bond007lr, 2005/02/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/02/11
    bond007lr

bond007lr Inactive Thread Starter

More and more weird.............

I have imported all my files and mails and mail account from outlook express to outlook (office) in safe mode.

everything goes ok in safe mode... no problem... I reboot in normal mode...

I launch Outlook... no problem... BUT at the time i clik on send/receive button : OUTLOOK CLOSES !!!! NO ERROR MESSAGE JUST CLOSES !!!

Guy some of you are really better than me in windows or outlook problems... please advise... i am more than annoyed with this problem..... :( :confused: :(

2. 2005/02/11
    Bmoore1129

Bmoore1129 Geek Member

Look in options. There should be an option to close outlook after checking mail.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/02/11
    Nikgo

Nikgo Inactive

Find a Solution Yet?

Hi bond007lr,

Find a solution yet?
    We had something similar happen and found the code on the Send/Receive button had somehow been altered. You can check it by using Customize and right clicking the button and making sure there's a $ sign in the command text.

5. 2005/02/11
    bond007lr

bond007lr Inactive Thread Starter

I have passed a level in virus fighting !

Hello guys !

At least and now it's 5h30 AM in france.... I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION !

I've fought like a lion this **** virus ! no this was a very powerfull spyware which act like a trojan... the name is : Backdoor.Haxdoor.H which is a mod of Backdoor.Haxdoor.D !

In fact here is what I found :
    HERE
    The fact is that i had in my add/remove program something called "MDS Search Booster "

It's really useless to tell you that it would not uninstall like that...

So with HijackThis, Killbox, Microsoft Antispyware, Norton Antivirus 2003, and lot of other software, I finally KILLED this **** piece of code.

As the explanation was really hard to understand, I had to go like on my own :S specially with a software called Advanced Process Manipulation and another one called Killbox to kill the process mszx23.exe !!! It didn't want to go even in safe mode and this softaware made it for me ! by closing the explorer process and delete the **** .exe

Finally, I migrated to Outlook and never go on Outlook Express again... i'm scarred lol

If you see in the list of the infectious files, notice the c:\windows\system32\ps.a3d file which killed my software when i ran them !!!

So everything is fine and i can send and read my mails now !!!

HA no there a thing left that I cannot get rid of......

I have in my add/remove software control panel, two softwares called ISScript and for the most dangerous (i think) "Explorer Assiatant" and it's not mistyping from me ! it's written as is...

Despite of all my search, i found nothing regarding this threat... it's a spyware, because when i try to uninstall it, it puts me a message as if it was successfully uninstalled but it doesnot disapear. And All my spywares software tell me that something want to change my first page in IE without getting rid of it or telling me more infos......

Did anyone had this threat before ?????

(btw thanks for carrying me in all that... ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.