1. Do not use the Linksys CD to setup the router.
2. Use a Web browser to setup the router.
3. When a pc is connected to the router by cat5 cable, the port LED will light up on the router. Wifi comps that connect won't cause any LEDs to light up.
YOU MUST USE A WIRED CONNECTION TO SETUP A ROUTER.
0. Unplug the modem.
1. Press the reset button on router and hold in for at least 10 seconds (until the router lights start blinking).
2. Unplug the router, wait 10 seconds, plug back in.
3. Connect comp to router LAN
port using a cat5 (ethernet) cable.
4. Power on the router (plug power cord back in) & wait until router stablizes.
5. Open your Web browser.
6. Type this address: http://192.168.1.1
7. Do NOT type a username, the password = admin. (all lower case)
8. Click on Wireless tab & name the SSID & setup wifi security. (write down the WEP key or WPA passphrase), use Channel 1 or 11..
9. Click Administration tab > set a strong password (write it down).
10. Use the Save Settings link at bottom of pages where you made changes.
11. When done, unplug router.
12. Plug in modem & wait untill it syncs with the ISP.
13 Plug in router and wait until it syncs with the modem.
14. Connect wifi computers.
Note: If you don't have an extra cat5 ethernet cable you can temporarily use the modem's ethernet cable to setup the router.