I've got another problem I was hoping the very helpful and intelligent people on this site could help me figure out. I had root kit on my computer late last year and after enlisting the help of people on this board my computer has never run faster.
My current problem is related to a pop-up I keep getting. It always says "Internet Explorer Script Error" on the message bar at the top and then "An error has occurred in the script on this page." Then it proceeds to tell me the Line, Character, Error, Code, and URL regarding the specific error. The information on these lines is always different. Sometimes I get one and then I press "No" to stop running script on the page with no problem. Other times I get about 50 of the pop-ups
in a row and it is incredibly annoying.
The information on the "URL:" line leads me to believe the issue is related to the ads on some of the websites I go to are running a weird script that my computer doesn't like. I have a couple of screen shots and if I go to one of those sites where the ad
constantly changes I'm sure it would produce more if that is something you need to see. I wasn't sure how to post the screen shots.
I read something online about checking a box in "Internet Options" to "disable script debugging" but when I checked I realized that has always been checked. This issue popped up out of the blue on sites I always visit so I'm hoping it isn't a virus. If I need to run some checks I have all the software from the last time someone on here diagnosed my problem.
Computer: Dell Latitude 610 RAM
: 2 GB
Operating System: Windows XP SP 3
Internet Explorer Version: 7.0.5730.11